Select to view content in your preferred language

Detect Map Pan/Zoom based on User's Touch/Pinch

Jump to solution
12-14-2012 12:15 PM
AaronConnolly
Regular Contributor
Hello,

Is it possible with the SDK to discern the difference between programmatically panning/zooming the map and one actually touching and pinching the map?

I need to be able to tell the difference with my app.

1. Listening for the 'MapDidEndPanning' and 'MapDidEndZooming' event does not tell you whether or not the user panned/zoomed the map or whether or not you did so programmatically.
2. AGSMapViewTouchDelegate only provides methods for click, tap + hold, tap + hold + release, and tap + hold + move.

Thanks,
- Aaron
0 Kudos
13 Replies
PatrickTruitt
Deactivated User

This question is not answered. I've been developing to the latest API for iOS and I still don't see a delegate function that fires on user touch pan and zoom. Basic stuff to know the user's interactions here. Clicking or tap and hold gives me nothing. Unless I'm missing something.

0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor

There is an interacting flag on AGSMapView for you to determine whether interaction with map is by user or not.

Interacting: Whether the map is currently being dragged, pinched, rotated or scrolled by the user.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nimesh

0 Kudos
JasonGambacort
New Contributor
The new version of ArcGIS SDK for iOS is available now.

Regards,
Nimesh

Hi Nimesh...

What about pinch zoom functionality for touch screen Windows 7 tablets?  Will ArcReader for this environment eventually support pinch zooming?

Jason
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Jason,

This forum is for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS. If you have question about ArcReader then please post your question in ArcReader forum.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos