ArcGIS iOS 10.1.1 won't render tiles (or allow interaction) while UITableView scrolls

01-11-2013 09:37 AM
BrendanLee1
New Contributor
In the new ArcGIS 10.1.1 release: tile rendering, user interaction, etc will not function if any form of animation is occurring in UIKit. It appears to be running on a thread that UIKit/Core Animation blocks during animations.

Any fixes proposed? Place to file a bug report? This also seems to prevent using a UITableView to select items on the map (as the tableview is set to try and center the selected item, causing an animation).

Thanks.

Edit: I would also like to note that this didn't occur in the previous SDK version.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
Brendan,

Thanks for reporting this. We would like to investigate the issue, but to help us out, can you upload your project or provide some simplified code so that we can reproduce exactly what you're seeing.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
BrendanLee1
New Contributor
Here's a sample project I just built that shows the issue.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfs8azwnzeo3xlz/ArcGISBug.zip

Moving the map, tile rendering, zooming, etc. Don't function while the tableview is being scrolled or is decelerating. I am testing against the iOS 6.1 SDK, however iPads running 6.0 exhibit the issue as well.

Let me know if there's anything more I can do.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
Thanks for the simplified test case. That helped a lot. I am able to repro the problem you described.
we can try and fix it for an upcoming release. I will also let you know if I find a possible workaround.
0 Kudos