AGSFeatureTableLayer - Invalid JSON

Jump to solution
12-03-2014 09:13 AM
ColinCole
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to create an AGSFeatureTableLayer from a AGSFeatureServiceTable for online editing, and I'm receiving an 'Invalid JSON' error in the AGSLayerDeletgate -didFailToLoadWithError(). It's hard to tell what could be the problem. The layer I'm trying to build is a non-spatial table layer.

Does anyone have insight as to what this error could mean?

Thanks,

Colin

Note:

I've successfully created an AGSFeatureTableLayer for the spatial feature service, with no problems.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SuganyaBaskaran1
Esri Contributor

Colin,

There are a few features that are not currently supported by AGSFeatureServiceTable including online querying and editing for non-spatial tables. It is recommended to use AGSFeatureLayer instead.

This AGSFeatureLayer model provides additional capabilities that are currently not supported by the AGSGDBFeatureServiceTable, including the ability to:

• Query and edit layers created from nonspatial tables (as opposed to spatial layers) in a feature service
  • Query the related tables of a service layer
  • Track edits and control editing privileges on a per-user basis
  • View and work with time-aware layers and services
  • View and work with versioned layers and services

Related doc here

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Suganya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SuganyaBaskaran1
Esri Contributor

Colin,

There are a few features that are not currently supported by AGSFeatureServiceTable including online querying and editing for non-spatial tables. It is recommended to use AGSFeatureLayer instead.

This AGSFeatureLayer model provides additional capabilities that are currently not supported by the AGSGDBFeatureServiceTable, including the ability to:

• Query and edit layers created from nonspatial tables (as opposed to spatial layers) in a feature service
  • Query the related tables of a service layer
  • Track edits and control editing privileges on a per-user basis
  • View and work with time-aware layers and services
  • View and work with versioned layers and services

Related doc here

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Suganya

0 Kudos
ColinCole
New Contributor II

Ahh ok, I missed this in the docs. Thanks! I'll try this workflow out.

0 Kudos