Unknown attribute mapoptions [maven]

Jump to solution
12-10-2015 07:08 AM
MotiejusViltrakis
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am going through Esri "Hello world" tutorial for android.

In my activitymain.xml (layout) I copy and paste this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RelativeLayout
... (cut out)

<com.esri.android.map.MapView
   android:id="@+id/map"
   android:layout_width="fill_parent"
   android:layout_height="fill_parent"
   mapoptions.MapType="Streets"
   mapoptions.center="34.056215, -117.195668"
   mapoptions.ZoomLevel="16">
  </com.esri.android.map.MapView>
</RelativeLayout>

Xml file gives me an error: Unknown attribute mapoptions.MapType...

Looks like xml cant find what is mapotions in maven

When i launch the app, it opens, but with black screen where the map should be

Btw I have not downloaded the SDK. Im using Android Studio and the Esri ArcGIS maven repository instead. With dependency 'com.esri.arcgis.android:arcgis-android:10.2.7'

What am I doing wrong ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MotiejusViltrakis
New Contributor II

The problem was, that my device could not connect to the internet, so the app starts with black screen with no errors. It worked with a different device. Topic can be deleted/closed

Although it xml still shows that there is Unknown attribute mapopions. if you type it inside <com.esri.android.map.MapView and you get no "hints" when you press ctrl + space. For hints you have to type it outside <com.esri.android.map.MapView first, then copy paste it back in.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MotiejusViltrakis
New Contributor II

The problem was, that my device could not connect to the internet, so the app starts with black screen with no errors. It worked with a different device. Topic can be deleted/closed

Although it xml still shows that there is Unknown attribute mapopions. if you type it inside <com.esri.android.map.MapView and you get no "hints" when you press ctrl + space. For hints you have to type it outside <com.esri.android.map.MapView first, then copy paste it back in.

0 Kudos