SketchEditor fails on emulator

05-06-2020 09:59 AM
FridjofSchmidt
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

when trying to run the Sketch Editor sample from Android Studio 3.6.3, Windows 10, Runtime SDK 100.7, with an emulated device (e.g. Pixel C or Nexus 5X, API 29), I can successfully create points and multipoints on the map. But when I try to set the second vertex of a polyline or polygon, the app crashes with the following exception:

com.esri.arcgisruntime.ArcGISRuntimeException: Internal error exception: GL Uniform not found: ubo_ps.u_tex_size
        at com.esri.arcgisruntime.internal.jni.CoreGeoView.nativeDraw(Native Method)
        at com.esri.arcgisruntime.internal.jni.CoreGeoView.a(SourceFile:346)
        at com.esri.arcgisruntime.internal.h.b.o.a(SourceFile:132)
        at com.esri.arcgisruntime.mapping.view.MapView.onDrawFrame(SourceFile:156)
        at com.esri.arcgisruntime.mapping.view.GeoView$b.onDrawFrame(SourceFile:1363)
        at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun(GLSurfaceView.java:1573)
        at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run(GLSurfaceView.java:1272)

The sample works great on a real device. Is this a known limit of the emulator, or does somebody know how to fix this?

Thanks Fridjof

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
saizhang
New Contributor

Is there any solution for the issue? It seems to be related to the Graphics card.

0 Kudos
SarahStruckman
New Contributor

I had the same issue. When creating the Android Virtual Device, I changed the "Graphics" option to Software, which resolved the issue. Think link below gives more details.

https://developer.android.com/studio/run/emulator-acceleration

0 Kudos