Select to view content in your preferred language

Loading .slpk file crashes with runtime sdk for android 100.15.0

08-30-2022 11:22 PM
LiChunfeng
Occasional Contributor

I loaded local .slpk file of 85M size with ArcGISSceneLayer, Displayed for a while and then crashed. Prompt "W/libc: malloc(216126464) failed: returning null pointer
A/libc: Fatal signal 5 (SIGTRAP), code -6 (SI_TKILL) in tid 6482, pid 6348"

So is the .slpk file  size limited?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KoushikHajra
Esri Contributor

Hello @LiChunfeng: Thank you for reaching out to us with your problem. 

Apologies for the problems you're running into. There is no limit for the slpk file size. But there is a limit to the memory we can use on Android for 3D. Without looking into much details, can you please try this workflow and let us know if it gets better? 

Please try overriding the memory limit to 2GB (if your device permits) by calling the following method. 

https://developers.arcgis.com/android/api-reference/reference/com/esri/arcgisruntime/mapping/view/Sc...

If that works better then we know exactly what the problem is. 

In addition, can you please send us some specifics on your device? The make/model etc? That way we can test it internally also.  

-Koushik

0 Kudos
LiChunfeng
Occasional Contributor

I use setMemoryLimit with device's maximum memory as follows,but still crashed.

QQ20220901-091919@2x.png

This is the device's specifics:

Screenshot_20220901_092226_com.android.settings.jpg

0 Kudos
KoushikHajra
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your response and sharing the device details. I was hoping that it's memory related but doesn't appear to be so. 

Is it possible to share some data with us? Without that it's difficult to know why it's crashing.

Also, if you have access to ArcGIS Pro, does it work there if you try to load it in that system? 

0 Kudos
LiChunfeng
Occasional Contributor

It's a memory analysis chart with profiler. The first part is the case of loading a 2D map with mapView, the second part is the case of switching to loading a 3D map with scenceViewQQ20220908-090426@2x.png

0 Kudos