Loading of a WebMap is so slow.

Jump to solution
01-18-2016 01:23 PM
FatmaŞenol
Occasional Contributor II

Greetings,

I'm developing an android application using  ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android v10.1.1.

I tested the application on different smart phones and noticed that the loading of a WebMap

takes up to 10-15 seconds. So, when you launch the application, all you can see is

a blank screen until the WebMap is loaded.

Is this a known issue or is there a way to load the WebMap faster. ? Thank you

Regards

- Omur Saygin, PhD.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

I believe that this would be something caused by your internet connection.  What happens is the application makes an asynchronous call to the servers and when it gets the data, it displays the data.  If the application was taking 15 seconds or longer to respond, I would imagine that you would run into an Application Not Responding error message (Keeping Your App Responsive | Android Developers​)  which would make your app crash.   What you could do instead is load runtime content on the device with your app so when you start the device, the runtime content is displayed until you get a map ready / layer ready status, then add your online layers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

I believe that this would be something caused by your internet connection.  What happens is the application makes an asynchronous call to the servers and when it gets the data, it displays the data.  If the application was taking 15 seconds or longer to respond, I would imagine that you would run into an Application Not Responding error message (Keeping Your App Responsive | Android Developers​)  which would make your app crash.   What you could do instead is load runtime content on the device with your app so when you start the device, the runtime content is displayed until you get a map ready / layer ready status, then add your online layers.