Loading MapView from WebMap loaded by webmap.json

Jump to solution
11-27-2015 05:50 AM
ValerioSavino
New Contributor

Hello,

I tried to load a MapView using a WebMap. The WebMap is loaded from a json downloaded by Collector. This is my code:

First, I load the JsonParser that load the webmap.json

JsonFactory factory = new JsonFactory();

JsonParser parser = factory.createJsonParser(new FileInputStream(Constants.JSON_WEBMAP_PATH));

then I get an Evelop (called "extent") and a SpatialReference (called "sp").

Whit this values, load the webmap

webMap = WebMap.newInstance(parser, extent, sp);

and then, load the map

map = new MapView(MyActivity.this, webMap, null, null);

After this, I got this two errors:

11-27 13:00:12.460 5388-5678/com.esri.android.test.esrimasktest E/ArcGIS: Failed to check the service owning system URL

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.esri.android.map.b$a.onWebMapLoadError(SourceFile:856)

at com.esri.android.map.a.a(SourceFile:77)

at com.esri.android.map.a.a(SourceFile:117)

at com.esri.android.map.b.loadServiceInfo(SourceFile:237)

at com.esri.android.map.Layer.loadServiceInfo(SourceFile:219)

at com.esri.android.map.ags.ArcGISFeatureLayer.initLayer(SourceFile:983)

at com.esri.android.map.Layer$2.run(SourceFile:253)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:422)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:237)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1112)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:587)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)

11-27 13:00:12.460 5388-5678/com.esri.android.test.esrimasktest E/ArcGIS: Failed to initialize the ArcGISFeatureLayer.

java.lang.Exception: Failed to retrieve layer info.

at com.esri.android.map.ags.ArcGISFeatureLayer.initLayer(SourceFile:987)

at com.esri.android.map.Layer$2.run(SourceFile:253)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:422)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:237)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1112)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:587)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)

Any ideas to resolve? Thanks to all!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WillCrick
Occasional Contributor

To load a MapView from a webmap, use one of the constructors on MapView which takes a URL to the webmap:

https://developers.arcgis.com/android/api-reference/reference/com/esri/android/map/MapView.html#MapV..., java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WillCrick
Occasional Contributor

To load a MapView from a webmap, use one of the constructors on MapView which takes a URL to the webmap:

https://developers.arcgis.com/android/api-reference/reference/com/esri/android/map/MapView.html#MapV..., java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String)

0 Kudos