Layer transparency not rendering correctly

06-13-2016 07:23 AM
JoshBartz
New Contributor II

I've noticed a problem with newer devices running Android 6.0. Basically, layers are causing each other to disappear. For example: Layer A and Layer B are both visible and working fine when both are set at 0% transparency. But setting Layer A's transparency to as little as 1% causes it to completely disappear unless Layer B is disabled. I've also seen scenarios where increasing Layer A's transparency causes Layer B to completely disappear. But this isn't happening on older devices upgraded to Android 6.0. I've seen the problem on the Nexus 5X, Galaxy S7, and HTC 10. But it isn't happening on an upgraded Galaxy S6 or S5. I'm wondering if it is an OpenGL problem, and when doing a device comparison (OpenGL ES Hardware Database - © 2013-2014 by Sascha Willems ) I see that the 5X and S7 use compression formats that aren't used on the S5 or S6. Has anyone else seen this? Or do you have any suggestions? I am using SDK 10.2.7.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Josh Bartz​,

Do you have a quick sample demonstrating solely that problem?  I would be happy to test this on my end.

Thanks,

Alexander

0 Kudos
JoshBartz
New Contributor II

Hi Alexander,

I don't have a way of providing a quick sample, but I could provide screenshots if that would help clarify the issue.

Josh

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Sure.  The sample was hoping that I could quickly test it on my end and analyze it.

0 Kudos