How to Read GEO database file .gdb for offline viewing

10-12-2012 02:44 AM
FarhanQayum
New Contributor
Hi to All

I am new to ArcGIS API for android development. I have some offline GEO database files on SD Card of my Android Device. Can i read it and display it on map using current api. Or ArcGIS sdk for android only supports Compact Cache Format to load local files.
Cant find any information on NET.

Regards
Farhan
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
The ArcGIS Android API does not currently support reading or displaying file geodatabases.  The API does support Compact Cache format and Tile Package (*.tpk) formats.  The ArcGISLocalTiledLayer class displays map content stored locally on your device when you do not have any network connectivity.  Additionally the API supports converting to/from JSON as a FeatureSet which can be stored locally on your device.  Please refer to the CreateLocalJsonFeatures sample for an example of working with offline JSON objects.
0 Kudos
FarhanQayum
New Contributor
Thanks dano for your reply and guidelines. I have some shape files.
So This means the api does not support to read shape files also.
But I have seen that some peoples posted that how to read shape files from SD Card they have given sample codes also.
I tried that one also but failed to load the shape files instead it draws only grid of lines and nothing else.
If you have tested it successfully or any guideline it will be my pleasure.

Thanks supporting me

Regards
Farhan
0 Kudos