How to generate route url online and offline in android?

Jump to solution
06-15-2022 06:29 AM
tashi146
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Android Issue
Hi Thanks for awesome map.I have couple of questions.  

1. navigate-route
I can see for online map routing, sample app is using this url.
https://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/NetworkAnalysis/SanDiego/NAServer/Route
and it is working fine, But when I start adding different start and stop point, It is not working. When I read doc It says "Create a RouteTask using a URL to an online route service."

This is what I got from stack exchange.

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/55076/how-to-get-route-between-two-lat-long-using-arcgis-map...

Now my question is how can I generate similar Network Analyst Service URL for my purpose?. some steps would be appreciated.   

2. arcgis-runtime-samples-android
I can see we are using mmpk to load map and route between two point and it is working fine, Question is how can I generate mmpk that has map,navigation?. Some steps would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shubham_Sharma
Esri Contributor

1. The sample server 6 URL used in the "Navigate Route" sample provides routing information only for an area within San Diego. So you could add different points within the realm of the URL to view different routes. To create your own routing service visit Publish routing services and the tutorial to Publish a network analysis service for more information.

2. You can create a mobile map package file using ArcGIS Pro which supports routing using a "Route Layer". This can be done on ArcGIS Pro in the Analysis tab, in the Workflows group, click Network Analysis > Route. Once you set up the Route Layer, you can create an MMPK file using the Share tab, and click New Mobile Map Package. In ArcGIS runtime using the MMPK file you can then navigate using 

LocationDisplay.AutoPanMode.NAVIGATION

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tashi146
New Contributor II

Could you at least point out the resource or tool where I can achieve the same.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Shubham_Sharma
Esri Contributor

Hopefully this answer helps! 

0 Kudos
Shubham_Sharma
Esri Contributor

1. The sample server 6 URL used in the "Navigate Route" sample provides routing information only for an area within San Diego. So you could add different points within the realm of the URL to view different routes. To create your own routing service visit Publish routing services and the tutorial to Publish a network analysis service for more information.

2. You can create a mobile map package file using ArcGIS Pro which supports routing using a "Route Layer". This can be done on ArcGIS Pro in the Analysis tab, in the Workflows group, click Network Analysis > Route. Once you set up the Route Layer, you can create an MMPK file using the Share tab, and click New Mobile Map Package. In ArcGIS runtime using the MMPK file you can then navigate using 

LocationDisplay.AutoPanMode.NAVIGATION

0 Kudos