Select to view content in your preferred language

How to convert .tiff to .tpkx as elevation?

Jump to solution
08-26-2022 02:31 AM
LiChunfeng
New Contributor III

I converted .tif file to .tpkx , and the tiling scheme is consistent with the basemap。But I put it in android,Arcgis runtime api for android prompts "Tiling scheme resolution unsupported", My scheme resolution is this:

what's wrong

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

When creating your tile package in ArcGIS Pro using the Create Map Tile Package (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation tool, if your tpkx will be in the Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere projected coordinate system then ensure you check `Package for ArcGIS Online | Bing Maps | Google Map` or alternatively if your tpkx will be in the WGS84 geographic coordinate system then you should uncheck this option.

Note if you want to use your TPKX as elevation the TIF file(s) should be added as an elevation source Work with elevation surfaces—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

I don't have a huge amount of experience here, but the resolutions look really small.

Have a look at this tiling scheme: https://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Canvas/World_Dark_Gray_Base/MapServer

The resolution (real world meters per pixel) you have for your global scale (1:5,910,000,000) is about the same as 1:4,500 (level 17) in the standard web mercator tiling scheme. It's about 100,000 times off from the resolution of that scale's tiles in the standard scheme.

I'd have a look at the parameters you're using when exporting from Pro.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

When creating your tile package in ArcGIS Pro using the Create Map Tile Package (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation tool, if your tpkx will be in the Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere projected coordinate system then ensure you check `Package for ArcGIS Online | Bing Maps | Google Map` or alternatively if your tpkx will be in the WGS84 geographic coordinate system then you should uncheck this option.

Note if you want to use your TPKX as elevation the TIF file(s) should be added as an elevation source Work with elevation surfaces—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation.

0 Kudos