EGL_BAD_CONFIG

06-05-2017 05:28 AM
JohnMcoy
New Contributor III

Hi, I`m using ASUS ZenPad 10. I`m opening my created app(with QUARTZ version), but I`m getting notification: Unfortunately, App has stopped. On emulator everything works fine. But on device not. 

Android monitor shows:

java.lang.RuntimeException: createContext failed: EGL_BAD_CONFIG
at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$EglHelper.throwEglException(GLSurfaceView.java:1192)
at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$EglHelper.throwEglException(GLSurfaceView.java:1183)
at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$EglHelper.start(GLSurfaceView.java:1033)
at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun(GLSurfaceView.java:1406)
at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run(GLSurfaceView.java:1242)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi John Mcoy‌,

I've seen similar issues before.

My assumption is that you are using a 64 bit library with the 32 bit libraries that ArcGIS Runtime ships with.

https://corbt.com/posts/2015/09/18/mixing-32-and-64bit-dependencies-in-android.html 

I believe that you need to target the 32 bit libraries of the other dependencies that are included within your application rather than just the 64 bit libraries.

0 Kudos
JohnMcoy
New Contributor III

Thanks for reply ANohe-esristaff‌, but that not helps me. 

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1

Are you able to run your app on other devices?

0 Kudos
JohnMcoy
New Contributor III

Yeah, my app works on HTC M8. 

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1

From this post:

Error createContext failed: EGL_SUCCESS when under Android 4.2.2 application is started 

It looks to be a known issue:

This is a known issue for this release that has not found its way into the release notes yet, we will update the release notes soon.

The issue is that some devices do not correctly report their OpenGL configurations to allow us to create our OpenGL context. We need to be specific in creating the OpenGL context to allow many of our map rendering features to work properly (particularly for things like Vector Tiled Layers). We have implemented a solution which works on most devices, but it will still be problematic on some, especially older devices running older versions of Android.

0 Kudos
JohnMcoy
New Contributor III

At the moment I have Android Lollipop version. Can it be a problem ? 

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1

From the way the answer was written, it may be a device to device detail. Android versions not relevant in this case.

0 Kudos