Select to view content in your preferred language

Downloaded Map - No Basemap

03-09-2022 01:31 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to download a web map using an ID. All the layers download, however, the basemap does not come through. Any idea what step I could be missing? I followed the sample here: https://developers.arcgis.com/android/java/sample-code/generate-offline-map/

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RamaChintapalli
Esri Contributor

HI,
The GenerateOfflineMapParameters by default should include the basemap, so first can you check if it is getting overwritten anywhere.

Secondly, what's the basemap being used in your web map ? Is it one of the ArcGIS basemap services or a custom one? You can check if it supports export tiles operation or not at the REST end point. You can also check if you received any errors on the job completion for that particular basemap layer.

Thanks
Rama

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are using the World Imagery which works greats in iOS. I will checkout the errors on job completion and see if i find anything there.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
LukeSmallwood
Esri Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Esri supplied basemaps (like World Imagery) require authentication to take them offline (e.g. using a named user login or with a supplied API key). You can view the basemap online but when you come to export it you may need to log-in. Another possibility would be if you are trying to export too many tiles from the service. Hopefully either of those scenarios would show up in the job errors or job messages to help you track it down.

One last thing to confirm is that you have GenerateOfflineMapParameters.isIncludeBasemap() set to true. This should be the default, but good to confirm.

Hope you get it figured out.

Luke

0 Kudos