Do ARCGIS support Flutter

Jump to solution
04-21-2020 10:39 PM
rsharma
Occasional Contributor III

I have made a website with arcgis api for JS , now i have to make a mobile app, so my question is can we use arcgis with flutter.

15 Replies
snlasystem
New Contributor III

I sent @JakeShapley a DM

0 Kudos
Jan-HenrikFey
New Contributor

Hi @snlasystem,
I would also like to integrate Esri maps into Flutter.
Does your solution also work offline?
I am also very interested in taking a closer look...

Best,

Jan-Henrik

0 Kudos
snlasystem
New Contributor III

Hello

It works offline now, but we think the download is to slow. (after download it is fast)

We are working on adding support for this: 
https://developers.arcgis.com/documentation/glossary/mobile-map-package/

That will make it better

You can download it here:
https://github.com/valentingrigorean/arcgis_maps_flutter

Jørgen

JakeShapley
New Contributor III

Hello,

I figured I would take a minute to provide an update on this. I have been leveraging this plugin to rewrite our native iOS and Android fishing regulation apps in a single code base, with the same application logic (huge win!). Also, with Flutter, unlike some other cross-platform frameworks, I only have to write a single UI, and (optionally) tweak platform-specific widgets, thanks to this plugin. I would also note the developers are super responsive and quick to fix any bugs. This plugin meets 90+% of my app's needs at this point. I have bundled a replica.geodatabase file for offline data access. I am adding downloading and syncing (via ImportDelta) a delta.geodatabase file. It looks like the plugin already supports this. It also looks like it supports offline .tpk and .vtpk basemaps, currently. I will be adding a bundled .vtpk shortly. Just wanted to say thank you! This is the plugin ESRI should start supporting.

Best,

Jake

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 8.02.02 AM.png

0 Kudos
JakeShapley
New Contributor III

Hi @TrevorFrame ,

I appreciate the reply. Unfortunately, AppStudio really isn't a solution for us. Our apps are highly-customized and interact with our in-house APIs. Even the way we leverage ArcGIS Server (per the Enterprise team) is novel. Ideally, ESRI would start supporting Flutter, to support the huge, growing community.

Best,

Jake

0 Kudos
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Yesterday we released the first beta of the ArcGIS Maps SDK for Flutter, targeting iOS and Android. If you haven't already done so, please jump on over to the early adopter site and sign up! See this blog post for more details.

0 Kudos