Android SDK weird behavior

01-03-2020 10:11 AM
JacobSolomon
New Contributor

Hi,

We are currently building a mobile application using React Native. I know there is no official support for React Native however, I have seemed to hit a dead-end so any further information would be very helpful.

We have created a port branched from (GitHub - davidgalindo/react-native-arcgis-mapview: A basic ArcGIS port for React Native.) for iOS and Android to interface with our RN (React Native) project. In the application, everything is working great on iOS and the same for Android with one exception. During the first launch of the application on Android after install, the map just fails to load (white screen with attribution at the bottom). If you quit and relaunch the application this issue goes away, I have also found that when the above mentioned white screen appears if you rotate the device the map loads.

If you would like to see the issue, I was able to create a dummy project for this. The repo of that project is GitHub - JacobSolomonUCF/RN-DummyArcGIS . I have compared the logs when launching the application and during the initial load after install, and I believe the following is related to the issue.

Note: If you are going to run the application on a newer device the ArcGIS port has 100.4.0 and will need to be upgraded to at least 100.5.0 to support 64-bit devices but the issue also occurs on the x86 emulator.

D/ApkSoSource: not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libc++_shared.so: deferring to libdir
 not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libfb.so: deferring to libdir
 not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libfolly_futures.so: deferring to libdir
 not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libfolly_json.so: deferring to libdir
D/ApkSoSource: not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libglog.so: deferring to libdir
 not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libglog_init.so: deferring to libdir
 not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libimagepipeline.so: deferring to libdir
 not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libjsc.so: deferring to libdir
 not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libjscexecutor.so: deferring to libdir
 not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libjsijniprofiler.so: deferring to libdir
 not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libjsinspector.so: deferring to libdir
D/ApkSoSource: not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libnative-filters.so: deferring to libdir
 not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libnative-imagetranscoder.so: deferring to libdir
 not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libreactnativeblob.so: deferring to libdir
 not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libreactnativejni.so: deferring to libdir
D/ApkSoSource: not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libruntimecore.so: deferring to libdir
 not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libruntimecore_java.so: deferring to libdir
 not allowing consideration of lib/arm64-v8a/libyoga.so: deferring to libdir

At this point, I am unsure if this is an RN or an ArcGIS SDK issue. Since the issue is only present during the initial load after install and rotating the device loads the map I am leaning towards something with the SDK.

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Kudos
0 Replies