Select to view content in your preferred language

Vector tile basemap not printing

11-04-2019 11:58 AM
BryanBaker
Occasional Contributor

I'm unable to get vector tile basemaps to print. Even with a very simple request that only includes the vector tile data, the request succeeds, but the map is blank and the vector tile basemap does not print. The request includes a very long imageData string, which is how I take it that the vector tile printing is handled. The request is being sent from the JavaScript API version 3.29.

I've tried printing the standard Esri topo-streets and topo-vector services, as well as the Esri OSM-vector service (added as a custom basemap).

If I capture the Web Map as JSON from the browser debugger and use it directly in the print service REST (services directory) form, I get the same result. I've tried the print with print services at version 10.7.1, both a standard print service and a custom service created in ArcGIS Pro. I've also tried it in the sample print service at http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer. I understand vector tile printing was supported as of 10.6.

I've attached a Web Map as JSON string that I've tested, which includes data from the topo-vector service as generated by the JavaScript API. Any ideas or suggestions on how to debug the request are appreciated.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Kory, I subscribed. It's present on 3.33. I saw it says Modified date yesterday in the bug doc. I am wondering if maybe it will be addressed in 3.34. I'll test each release and report back and thank you.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

This is an old thread, but for those of you that are still interested this is still occurring at 4.x (4.22), at least when using @RobertScheitlin__GISP  's print widget in the ExB dev edition 1.7 in Chrome and Edge . . .

Thought you might want to know @Anonymous User  

0 Kudos
CharlottePeters95540
New Contributor III

Hopefully, this will help troubleshoot the issue further. I was having export issues where I customized an ESRI basemap using the ArcGIS Vector Tile Style Editor and it wouldn't print or export on any maps from ArcGIS Pro v. 3.2. I fixed my issue by signing into my ESRI account within ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos