params.Expression="NAME_1"+field;
            geo.url=""; // contains the url of the service
            geo.submitJob(params);
           geo.addEventListener(GeoprocessorEvent.JOB_COMPLETE,jobComplete);
}
public function jobComplete(event:GeoprocessorEvent):void
{
           Alert.show(event.jobInfo.jobStatus.toString());
           geo.getResultData(event.jobInfo.jobID,"FID",new AsynchronousResponder(onResult,onFault));

function onResult(//  declaration )
           {
                     Alert.show("success");
           }

function onFault(info:Object,Token:null)
           {
                    Alert.show(info.toString());
           }
}

onFault function is called when geo.getResultData() is executed .Following is the error which occurs in my project:-
[RPC Fault faultString="Unable to get value of param 'FID' for Job ID='   ' .The job may not exist or it could still be executing or could have failed faultCode="500" faultDetail=""]

Both my job executes successfully and its resultant shapefile also contains values for field FID.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
HaroldBostic
Occasional Contributor II
Did you ever resolve this issue?  I'm getting the same message.

Thanks
0 Kudos
DeonaEvans
New Contributor
Did you ever resolve this?  I'm having the same issue.  The job runs, the data is there, but I get that error when trying to retrieve the results.
0 Kudos
HaroldBostic
Hello,

Yes, I did a search on google and it returned a 6 mo old tweet by someone who ran into this issue.  Wish I knew his name off hand
Love the interweb...

Anyway, if you publish the gp service to the root of your ArcGIS Server and not a folder, it should work as expected.  I was told that it had to do with the length of the path to the data but I could not verify that claim.

let us know if that solves your issue as well.
0 Kudos
DeonaEvans
New Contributor
I publish my tools to the root directory but the path is still kind of long.  So I shortened it and I still have the problem.  I can run the same code on a different machine and it works.
0 Kudos
HaroldBostic
Do you have the latest service packs installed
0 Kudos
DeonaEvans
New Contributor
Yes, I have the latest service packs.  I've tried it on 2 Windows Server 2008R2 machines and I can't get it to work.  It does work on a Server 2003 machine.
0 Kudos
AndrewSchumpert
New Contributor II
I'm getting the exact same error message when I use the service via a Flex Viewer web app.  I can't seem to find a cause or resolution.  Sometimes the service works just fine, however, most of the time I get the error message.

I'm running an ArcGIS 10.0 sp5 cluster of 4 total machines with a SOM and 4 SOCs.  All machines are Windows Server 2008 R2.  I have FLEX 3.0 client for the web interface that's hitting GP service that uses the out of the box Flex GP Widget.  The Flex web app is being served off of the SOM machine.

My GP service uses both a GP tool and a corresponding map service to provide raster images as results.

On each SOC machine, I've set the ArcGISSOC user account to use a short TEMP and TMP environment variable path to c:\ArcTmpDir.  The ArcGISSOC account has full access permissions to this directory.

The GP service is published at the root of the web folder.

The GP service uses the "local Jobs Directory" setting.  The local jobs complete successfully on each SOC machine and then the results are forwarded to the shared jobs directory that is on the e:\arcgisserver directory of the SOM machine.  The results are fine as they can be viewed in ArcMap (also, if the service is consumed in ArcMap it works every time).

I tried setting the GP service to be non-pooled and this worked great until my REST cache updated.  Turns out that REST does not support non-pooled, and when the cache updated the GP service became unavailable to REST.  So I'm back to using pooled.

The ArcGIS Server logs don't provide any clues that I can tell.

I'm all out of ideas.
0 Kudos