How to perform Linear Referencing search function from Web

08-26-2011 09:36 AM
ManishGohil
New Contributor III
Hello All,
We have created a route layer using Linear Referencing Toolbox in ArcDesktop, then we show that ArcMap has Find tool which has Linear Referencing tab and which allows to search for Point or Line by giving one value or by giving from and to value.

I have attached the screen print of ArcMap which shows the Linear Referencing tab in Find tool, my objective is to implement the same functionality in our Online web application in Flex that we do using REST API.

So for example say user gives the input line Route name: I-10 E From: 10  To: 50 then it should return me the polyline.

Any Help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Lala Rabari
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MatthewStull
New Contributor III
We want to do the same thing you are describing (in ArcGIS Server).  Did you ever get it to work?  and if so how did you do it?  Thanks!

Matt Stull
0 Kudos
TomSchuller
Occasional Contributor III

Hy,
I did a such implementation by creating a custom SOE (ServerObjectExtension).

The implementation can be found here:
tomlux / PChPrintSOE / source / src / lu / etat / pch / gis / soe / PCHExportSOE.java — Bitbucket 

It contains 3 operations on linear referencing:

• getPKsByCoord: return the given measure by passing as parameter x,y,wkid and a search tolerance

• getPointForPK: return a point by passing as parameter the route name and a location measure

• getLineForPKs: return a line by passing as parameter the route name and a starting and end location measure

The routesystem layer and the field names are currently hard-coded in the code.
But I can make them configurable.

Let me know,
Schuller Tom

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
SWGoh
by
New Contributor II

Hi Domenico,

I am interested in this site you suggested but am unable to open into it. Says "Disallowed Key Characters".

Thank you

SW

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

I have updated link

nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor