Select to view content in your preferred language

FeatureServer Bug

03-01-2010 04:24 AM
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor
Dear REST API Team,

There seems to be a bug in your API about the FeatureServer Symbology.

When accessing a FeatureLayer which contains a PictureMarkerSymbol or Picture symbol (Fill Symbol, others) the JSON output returns as url for the default symbol the internal server name ... which is wrong... since I'm using internet ...

You can see in the following example that instead of returning an url with the IP address it return's the internal server name "ARCGIS10" ... which causes an error in my application.

http://195.23.241.219:8090/ArcGIS/rest/services/Editing/FeatureServer/5?f=pjson

Returned JSON url for the Picture Fill Symbol

"defaultSymbol" :
  {
    "type" : "esriPFS",
    "url" : "http://arcgis10/arcgisoutput/Editing_FeatureServer/SymbolPics/Espa231os32Verdes9560all32other32value...", ...

Is there a way to setup correctly the REST API to fix this?

Thanks advanced,

José Sousa
ESRI Portugal
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KeyurShah
Deactivated User
Jose,

This URL is generated by the core server. To fix this you'll need to configure the virtual output directory of the server to the external URL.

== Keyur
0 Kudos
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor
Hello Kshah,

Can you help me configuring this or point me to the right direction?

I have IIS7 and above the folder arcgisoutput in IIS I simply cannot find where I can change this. Everytime I change anything in the virtual output directory or other properties the JSON response is allways the same. Even after restarting IIS after each change.

I've even tried going to ArcGIS Server Manager --> GIS Server --> Server Directories --> and edit the server output directory to point the external url. Even though the return is allways the internal server name...

I really need some help. Sorry to ask you 😞

Thanks a lot,

José Sousa
0 Kudos
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor
Ok. I put it working. Your information is indeed correct.

Thanks a lot,

José Sousa
0 Kudos