Select to view content in your preferred language

deleteFeatures behavior?

02-20-2019 08:20 PM
AdamEggum
New Contributor

Reference: Delete Features API: Delete Features—ArcGIS REST API: Services Directory | ArcGIS for Developers 

Scenario A: object ID 1 exists in my layer.  If I send a deleteFeatures request through the REST API using the objectIds parameter, and I get the expected response with the "deleteResults" array in the returned JSON object.

Scenario B: object ID 2 doesn't exist in my layer; I already deleted it, but something happened and my application failed to mark it as deleted in it's local state.  So, later on, I try to delete it again.  If I send the same request as scenario A, the response I receive is simply an empty JSON object.

From these I have a few questions:

1 - Is this expected behavior?  I question it because as far as I can tell, it's not documented.

2 - If an object ID I provided to the deleteFeatures API is not included in the response, can I safely assume that that object ID does not exist in the layer?  Or would I need to make a query to double check?

3 - Are there any other similar quirks with the add/update/deleteFeatures API that may not be documented or may be easy to overlook?

0 Kudos
0 Replies