Select to view content in your preferred language

AdminCacheKey

06-24-2010 02:55 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
How is this value calculated?  How do we get a new one?  Can this go bad where it prevents us from logging in to clear cache?
0 Kudos
30 Replies
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor
Ted, Is the REST admin using an https endpoint? If so, can you try fully typing the url to the login page as
https://servername/arcgis/rest/admin/login and see if the login works?
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Its not, but I am willing to try anything at this point.  I have been working with support and have tried just about everything over the last couple of weeks.  I will try and do this when I get back from the UC.
0 Kudos
TrevorWolfe
Emerging Contributor
I'm experiencing the same symptoms as Ted.  Everything else works except for logging in to the admin page.  Looking in the restlog I keep getting  "ERROR:Unable to determine if the user is an admin".  The account I'm using is a member of the agsadmin group and everything is running on port 80.  Any help would very much appreciated.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Yeah, someone else has this issue.  Sorry:(.  I have been working with Support for about a month and nothing so far has been resolved.  I have taken a bit of a holiday, but still working with them to determine this issue.
0 Kudos
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor
Trevor,

In your case was the Server machine on or off the network when you attempted to login to the REST admin? If a domain user was used to login and if the server was off the network, then behavior/error you see is expected. In that case try logging in using a local user that is an agsadmin.
0 Kudos
TrevorWolfe
Emerging Contributor
Ravi,

The local Admin account worked.  However the server was never offline and how would I go about fixing this so a domain account will work?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor
Trevor,

Can you check if the ArcGISWebServices user account (or whichever webservices account name that was specified durign the postinstall) is part of the agsadmin group? If not try adding this user to agsadmin and retry login using the domain account?

Ravi
0 Kudos
TrevorWolfe
Emerging Contributor
Ravi,

It's already there.  Any other ideas?
0 Kudos
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor
Can you also check if this WebServices user is set as the identity user of the ArcGIS Services application pool?

And something very basic which you might be already doing, make sure the username is specified as DOMAIN\username when logging in.
0 Kudos
TrevorWolfe
Emerging Contributor
Ravi,

I set the WebServices user as the identity user for the ArcGIS Services application pool and used DOMAIN\username to log in and I still get nothing.  Anymore ideas?

Thanks,
0 Kudos