Make Route Event Layer - Error executing task, code 500

08-26-2010 10:20 PM
HeikoHeijenga
Esri Contributor
I've created a model with the modelbuilder to retrieve a route event (line). The input is a Record Set with route-ID, from-measure and to-measure. If I excute the model in ArcMap it works fine, if I publish the model to ArcGIS Server the model also works fine if I use it in ArcMap. If I use the model with the REST API I get the message "Error executing task, Error code 500". If I change the (same) model to retrieve point route events everything is fine and dandy. If I look at the windows event logs I see that the ArcSOC process has crashed. Am I doing something that's not possible or is this a bug?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DenisT
by
New Contributor III
The same problem with GP-service.
My model returns a set of features (GPFeatureRecordSetLayer).
When there are many features in the result everything is ok.
But if there are a single feature, REST crashes.

Error Executing Task
Code: 500

If I change the task to be async, it returns an error, that XML document contains an error.
I am not using route event layer, but it looks like it's a common problem.

It works fine in ArcMap.
ArcGIS Server 9.3.1.
0 Kudos
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor
REST does not support geometry with Z or M values. If an input to  gp tool has a schema defined based on a feature class that has z or m, then request to that tool fails since it expects a geometry with z or m. This could be a reason for the the error repored by Heiko. A workaround will be to update the geometry of the feature class that is used to define the scheme to not include z or m.  

At 10.0 SP1, the REST will always set hasz or hasm to false when sending geometry to the GP service to indicate that z or m is not included in the geometry and this will allow the gp task to execute successfully.

Denis, does the featureclass used for defining the schema in your model include z or m?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I was having issues creating a GPService using the "Make Route Event Layer" tool in model and esri support indicated that it was due to a bug - [NIM051733 in which the geoprocessing service that makes a route event layer with a line feature fails if it is executed via the REST interface or from a Web ADF application. It works in ArcMap.] 

Was this also fixed in 10 (sp1)?  Is this caused be the same issue and if so, is there a chance that there is work around?
0 Kudos