How to open secured rest api URL in web map without prompt for authentication

Jump to solution
01-13-2021 08:05 AM
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I am using Portal.

Is there a way to paste the original map service secure feature REST URL to a web map and store the credentials with the item?

https://<server>/arcgis/rest/services/<map_service>/FeatureServer/0   

So like that it does not prompt for authentication every time the web map opens.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jose,

Is your Server federated with Portal? If so, Portal should take over the authentication for the feature service.

If not, then you can be presented with the option to store credentials with the item when you add the feature service as an item to your Portal content. See Connect to secure services for more information.

-Calvin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jose,

Is your Server federated with Portal? If so, Portal should take over the authentication for the feature service.

If not, then you can be presented with the option to store credentials with the item when you add the feature service as an item to your Portal content. See Connect to secure services for more information.

-Calvin

0 Kudos
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you  Calvin,

I checked the second option, storing credentials, and it works fine.  Thanks.

Additional question, is there a way to  store credentials in an existing feature service after changing the URL from a non secured to a secured map service?

Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jose,

Glad that was able to work out for you. As for your second question, I believe you would have to add the service as a new item in order to get prompted to store credentials. I don't think the Portal interface will bring that up on its own.

Best,

Calvin

0 Kudos
RiddhiM
New Contributor II

I am trying to do something similar. Have a question regarding the above given link - secure services. does this only work incase the map service is public or it will work if its at organization level.

0 Kudos