GeoEnrichement call returns errorcode 20990001

12-20-2017 09:48 AM
AkashGondalia
New Contributor

Hi,

My company uses the Geoenrichment to geocode properties based on the findAddressCandidate api call that esri has.  For some reason this specific address that comes back with accuracy of 100 from findAddressCandidate api returns an error code of 20990001.  The addess is: 1026 Military St, Port Huron, Michigan, 48060

The rest request url looks like:

http://geoenrich.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/geoenrichmentserver/GeoEnrichment/enrich?Stud...[{"address":{"text":"1026 Military St, Port Huron, Michigan, 48060"}}]&intersectinggeographies=[{"geographyType": "standard","sourceCountry": "US","geographyLayer": "US.CBSA","name": "CBSA","outfields": ["ID", "NAME"],"intersectionInfo": {"geometryType": "esriGeometryPoint","spatialRel": "esriSpatialRelIntersects"}}, {"geographyType": "standard","sourceCountry": "US","geographyLayer": "US.COUNTIES","name": "COUNTIES","outfields": ["ID", "NAME"],"intersectionInfo": {"geometryType": "esriGeometryPoint","spatialRel": "esriSpatialRelIntersects"}}]&token=TOKEN_HERE&f=json

The json we get back from GeoEnrichment is:

{"results":[{"paramName":"GeoEnrichmentResult","dataType":"GeoEnrichmentResult","value":{"version":"2.0","FeatureSet":[]}}],"error":{"code":20990001,"message":"Internal error.","details":[]},"messages":[]}

Please advocate me in the right direction as in why this would be happening.  I tried to change the address to different possible matches but they all come back with this issue.  I tried a different location all together and they seem to work fine but for some reason this address is the issue.

Thanks

Akash

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor

Hi Akash,

Thanks for reporting this issue, it seems that it happens when requesting the intersecting geographies, the request works just using the address study area without the intersecting geographies info: 

https://geoenrich.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/geoenrichmentserver/Geoenrichment/Enrich?stu...[{"address":{"text":"1026 Military St, Port Huron, Michigan, 48060"}}]&f=pjson&token=

It looks like it happens with this address specifically because the default 1 mile ring buffer overlaps the Canadian border and something is not handled properly when requesting the intersecting geographies. Thanks for reporting this bug, the GeoEnrichment team is tracking this issue and will provide a fix.  

To help provide a work around can I ask a few questions about the use case?

- Are you interested in generating a ring buffer around this address and returning the demographic variables within that buffer?

- Are you interested in  the demographic variables within the intersected CBSA and county? Or are you just wanting to know which CBSA and county the address is within?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
AkashGondalia
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

For this specific use case we are only in the need of getting the cbsa and county that this address falls in. Hopefully this helps.

Thanks

Akash

0 Kudos
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor

Akash,

Thanks again for reporting, this bug will be fixed in an upcoming update, but In the meantime, a possible work around for this location would be to define the intersecting geographies info in the study area parameter. In this case, the CBSA and County will be returned as separate features instead of geo-context ID fields for the ring buffer.

For example:
studyareas=[{"address":{"text":"1026 Military St, Port Huron, Michigan, 48060"},"areaType":"StandardGeography","intersectingGeographies":[{"sourceCountry":"US","layer":"US.Counties"}]},{"address":{"text":"1026 Military St, Port Huron, Michigan, 48060"},"areaType":"StandardGeography","intersectingGeographies":[{"sourceCountry":"US","layer":"US.CBSA"}]}]

features: (2)
attributes:
StdGeographyName: St. Clair County
StdGeographyID: 26147
StdGeographyLevel: US.Counties

attributes:
StdGeographyName: Detroit-Warren-Dearborn, MI Metropolitan Statistical Area
StdGeographyID: 19820
StdGeographyLevel: US.CBSA

Hope this helps as a workaround for the time being, I'll follow up with you when the bug is fixed.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
VenkataSrikanth_Dasari
Occasional Contributor

Hi Daniel Stauning

I have same kind of problem with the Major Shopping Center Locations report and Zipcode. Here is the input what i am using to generate the report ...

https://geoenrich.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/geoenrichmentserver/Geoenrichment/CreateRepo...=

Result:

{"error":{"code":20990001,"message":"Internal error.","details":[]},"messages":[]}

Cheers,

Srikanth Dasari

0 Kudos
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor

Hi Srikanth,

The issue is that this report is not supported for standard geography sites. The traffic profile report is a proximity report that lists traffic data in relation to centroid of a ring buffer. We can look into adding support for standard geography sites for this report in a future release.  

0 Kudos