Select to view content in your preferred language

List available GPUs with CUDA

08-01-2023 12:57 PM
ÁkosHalmai
Occasional Contributor II

In the Options on the general tab, there is check box, called "Use GPU with CUDA compute capabilities...". It would be nice to see the available GPUs to rule out driver and other issues. It would be even better to be able to select & deselect certain GPUs, to include or exclude from calculations. If there is no available GPU, a big yellow warning would be great too.

kosHalmai_0-1690919365421.png

Best regards,

Ákos Halmai

3 Comments
FelixRohrbach

Thank you for sharing this idea! I will definitely pick this up with the team and see how we can improve this within ArcGIS Reality Studio.

Out of curiosity - did you already experience some issues when using your GPU while processing?

ÁkosHalmai

@FelixRohrbach Thank you! I'd be happy to participate in the Early Adopter too!

The GPU: I have a Tesla M10 (old one), which is seemingly 4 card on a non-virtualized native environment, on Window Server 2019. I saw some utilization fluctuating around  a few percent, but I newer saw a full hit on the (non-display-attached) cards, however, I didn't check it continuously. In other softwares (like AgiSoft) they are used correctley.

Is it possible to use more than one card in Reality Studio? In which step should I check the utilization?

Best regards,

Ákos Halmai

FelixRohrbach

After some discussion with the team I can share some additional details regarding GPU usage within ArcGIS Reality Studio:

• GPU is used for both visualizing data within Reality Studio as well as for some processing steps in the workflow
  • Reality Studio will use the same GPU for visualization as defined for ArcGIS Pro
  • For processing tasks, Reality Studio will use the first GPU as provided by the hardware IF it is supported (I'm told that for windows this is regulated by the registry)
  • Processing will only use one GPU - any additional GPUs are ignored