User Input empty/default value bug?

Jump to solution
07-29-2020 02:40 PM
MarcGraham2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

We have a QC project built with user input applied to a button to capture notes. 

If the user skips the notes then a default value of ${userInput:001} is captured to the attribute.

I just created a new user input value and it does the same thing but with a different default value:

I don't think this used to happen.

I'm capturing points with App version 1.6.85, using the Quickcapture web designer against a Hosted Feature Service on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1

We have been able to replicate this on multiple different devices, but I'm not sure what the other user was using, or how up to date their copy of QC is.

Thanks,

Marc

Johnathan Hasthorpe

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Version 1.6.105 has been released. This includes a fix for this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Marc

I can confirm that this is a bug with button user inputs. If the user input is not required and no value is entered, the app is entering an internal string into the capture record. We will get this fixed in 1.7 (and in the short term get a build on Early adopters community - I'll paste the link here when this is ready).

Thanks for the feedback

John

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Version 1.6.105 has been released. This includes a fix for this issue.

0 Kudos
NathanRedecker
New Contributor

I'm working in version 1.6.105 and I'm running into this issue.  I designate a Button user input for a field in a line hfs, the popup shows up once I click the button to stop recording, I enter a value and then submit the record.

1 of 2 things happen:

If it is a required field the record fails to send because it is reporting a null value for the field I have the "Button user input" designated for.

or 

If it is not a required field the record send but a null value is recorded in the field I have the "Button user input" designated for, when I check the data in the hfs.

Maybe I am missing something really simple, but I can't seem to get the functionality to work.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated, Thanks

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nathan,

This bug is fixed in 1.6.106 which is available in the stores.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos