URL to launch Quick Capture from Collector not working

Jump to solution
11-13-2019 08:54 AM
RyanPurdy
Occasional Contributor

I have configured a link in a popup in Collector to open Quick Capture.  When I tap the link nothing happens. I scaled back the link to just include arcgis-quickcapture:// and still get the same result. 

If I enter arcgis-quickcapture:// into the browser then Quick Capture opens. 

If I change the popup to open Survey 123 (arcgis-survey123://) Survey 123 opens.

I'm not sure if I am typing something wrong in the pop up.  I am following the instructions here: Integrate with other apps—QuickCapture | Documentation 

I am using an iPad ios version 12.4.3

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

From version 1.5 of the mobile app, QuickCapture will support app links to launch the app. This method is different to that of custom URLs and does not require whitelisting in iOS. Therefore app linking across Esri apps will work on all platforms. We will document this here once 1.5 is released: Integrate with other apps—QuickCapture | Documentation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ryan

The issue is the Collector needs to iOS whitelist the apps that it launches. This has not yet been done as it will require an update of the Collector app.

This is noted in the documentation: Integrate with other apps—QuickCapture | Documentation 

We will update this post when we have a timeline for this. 

Thanks

John

RyanPurdy
Occasional Contributor

OK thanks for the update!

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

From version 1.5 of the mobile app, QuickCapture will support app links to launch the app. This method is different to that of custom URLs and does not require whitelisting in iOS. Therefore app linking across Esri apps will work on all platforms. We will document this here once 1.5 is released: Integrate with other apps—QuickCapture | Documentation.