Select to view content in your preferred language

QuickCapture records on device show incorrect attribute data

Jump to solution
12-17-2019 10:01 AM
NathanJohnson
Occasional Contributor

I have a project collecting noxious weed treatment data using QuickCapture to collect points. Currently I've configured QuickCapture to have multiple buttons which each record a different species. The buttons record a point and populate the species code and date fields. The species code is populated correctly when uploaded to AGOL. However when data are reviewed in QuickCapture prior to sending it to AGOL, they show incorrect data for the species code field. When reviewed the data always show the same species in the species code field regardless of which button is pressed to record data. This problem prevents the field workers who are collecting data from reliably reviewing and editing their data before sending to AGOL.

Since the data are correct when sent to AGOL I'm guessing it's a problem within QuickCapture itself. If it's not a bug, what can I do to fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

This is bug in the designer. When creating new buttons using drag and drop, the button ID is duplicated. This issue will be fixed in 1.4 (released February).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nathan

Can you share a screenshot of the issue?

I'm assuming that you are reviewing the collected data in the QuickCapture map. In this case, the only attribute information displayed would be any value entered for a project user input. The app does not display other attribute information.

Is the user able to use the symbology to confirm the feature type, or is this not being displayed accurately?

Thanks

John 

0 Kudos
NathanJohnson
Occasional Contributor

Here's what the problem data look like in QuickCapture. I hit the button for two different species and they both show up in this map view as Teasel. Interestingly I have a different button in a different grouping that displays the correct data on the map view. Below is what my project looks like at the moment. The TRISUB button in it's own group showed up correctly in the map view but all the buttons in

the Other Weeds group shows up as "Teasel" regardless of which button is pushed.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for this. Could you share this project with me?

To do this, in ArcGIS Online create a group and share the project and layers with it. Then invite the following user to join the group: qccreator

Thanks

0 Kudos
NathanJohnson
Occasional Contributor

Ok- I've shared it with you using the group "CNLM QC Troubleshoot". Thanks again.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nathan - can you confirm if this project has been edited using the JSON editor?

0 Kudos
NathanJohnson
Occasional Contributor

No I didn't use the JSON editor. I may have opened the window, but I didn't make any edits.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nathan

It would be good to get an understanding of how the project was created, because there are issues with the project JSON. Please drop me an email on: jhasthorpe@esri.com to arrange a call.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

This is bug in the designer. When creating new buttons using drag and drop, the button ID is duplicated. This issue will be fixed in 1.4 (released February).

0 Kudos