Select to view content in your preferred language

QuickCapture offline web map cache - layers disappear

Jump to solution
12-09-2021 04:23 PM
Labels (1)
StaceyTorigoe
New Contributor

I was super excited about the new web map caching features. I'm a huge fan of using QuickCapture for allowing field workers of all tech levels to collect invasive plant data in the field. However, not being able to use offline web maps the way you can in Collector was a huge drawback. The web map offline caching shows a lot of promise for making QC more useful. 

I have a project with a web map loaded (for export imagery layer and one polygon feature layer). I open the map, pan around, and switch to airplane mode as recommended to save the cache. My feature layer (boundaries) immediately disappears. Occasionally (maybe once every 10 tries) the feature layer is still visible. Any ideas why the boundary layer only sometimes sticks around?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

We will have a fix for this in 1.15. It will no longer be necessary to use the featureRequestMode property.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @StaceyTorigoe  We would like to look at your project in more detail to diagnose the problem. Would you mind email quickCapture@esri.com so we can schedule a quick call?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @StaceyTorigoe we are aware of the bug and are investigating the cause. We will update this post with more information.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
StaceyTorigoe
New Contributor

Thanks Johnathan and Ishmael. Sorry just saw this, will email you. Please let me know if you are able to fix the bug, it would make QC able to fill an immediate need for offline data capture! 

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

We will be adding a new property to the project JSON in version 1.13 (due March 2021), to address this issue. If you go into the JSON editor and change the value for the featureRequestMode property from onInteractionNoCache to onInteractionCache (and then save the project) you will no longer see the issue.

However, making this change means that there will be a slight lag in web map updates when online. It can take a few seconds for any newly submitted features to appear. 

2022-02-18_16-45-43 (1).gif

In a future release we will make this a setting in the designer, so you wont need to do this manually.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

We will have a fix for this in 1.15. It will no longer be necessary to use the featureRequestMode property.

0 Kudos