Quick Capture - Offline mmpk created in ArcGIS Pro, hosted in AGOL cannot be used in Quick Capture Project

Jump to solution
03-31-2022 02:33 PM
Labels (1)
AmeWunderle
New Contributor III

I am trying to get a MMPK to work with our Quick Capture projects for offline use. I followed the instructions in https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000022755.

When I either edited the json OR simply used the mmpk as the linked map I got the same error in the Quick Capture Designer and wasn't able to save it. 

AmeWunderle_0-1648762164055.png

Our company does not use Enterprise, I created it in Pro 2.7. I uploaded it to AGOL using the Add New items button and simply selected the created mmpk from my computer and uploaded.  Is there a different way to upload this to AGOL so that it works or is this a bug/error and I need to find a different work around (i.e. sideload to device) to get this mmpk available for use with Quick Capture?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

@AmeWunderle @Jordan_Smith Issue has been resolved, please try again. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jordan_Smith
New Contributor

Having the same issue (Everything completely hosted on AGOL), using a workflow that was working for the past 18 months. Same Questions. Is this a bug or designed compatibility issue to a new workflow. I have submitted a ticket and was advised to sideload mmpk which is not supported in QC... So no workaround advised yet.

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi, this is a bug, we will address it as soon as we can. Thanks for reporting this.

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

@AmeWunderle @Jordan_Smith Issue has been resolved, please try again. 

0 Kudos
AmeWunderle
New Contributor III

Thanks Mandy. I added the mmpk as the Map for my Quick Capture project without any issue now. 

Thanks for the quick turnaround!

0 Kudos
Jordan_Smith
New Contributor

Thanks Mandy. This allows me to save the QuickCapture project but now the project hangs on opening using the app (iOS), saying 'Loading Basemap' but with nothing ever happening. Is this related.

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

@Jordan_Smith Please check if your MMPK is "expired and Do not allow to open". For MMPK that has prevent_expired_access expiration type, the QuickCapture project will keep loading basemap and the map won't open properly. 

If it is not the above case, then it could be a separate issue that needs to be looked into. You can reach out to quickcapture@esri.com if you need further assistance, and share your map with us.

0 Kudos