Select to view content in your preferred language

Problems with correct time in Quick capture Arcgis online

07-11-2023 07:33 AM
Pamela
by
Emerging Contributor

Hello!

I have had some problems getting correct time in ArcGIS QuickCapture, i realised i didnt have the GPS function on then recreated with the GPS however, i noticed that for Fixtime i couldnt get the correct data in milliseconds using arcade. I want the data to be in HH:MM:SS.sss or in a format similar to stoppwatch if possible. 

Using this function in arcade

var time = $feature["esrignss_fixdatetime"];
var formattedTime = Concatenate([Text(time, 'HH:mm:ss'), '.', Text(Millisecond(time))])
return formattedTime;

I keep getting the same milliseconds 295 for all the time data which is obviously wrong. Cant quick capture count the milliseconds? Did i write it wrong?

I used similar function for the Createddate when using the data without the GPS function and the milliseconds is correct but as said before the time isnt. Thank you for the help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CMV_Erik
Frequent Contributor

I tried what you did in AGOL using my feature class and I consistently get a value of 0 in my popup, which made me assume milliseconds aren't being captured. But when I Run the expression in the Arcade editor, the sample timestamp also ended in 295. I'm not sure what's going on, but I don't think there's a problem with your code. 

JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi - what device are you using and are you using the internal position source?

I have a theory that the issue relates to the fact that the capture time is derived from the GPS, not the phone and GPS devices get a new location every second (1hz), unless you are using an external reciever that supports high frequency data collection.

I'll confirm this and get back to you.

0 Kudos
Pamela
by
Emerging Contributor

Ok thank you, i will have to check that too. It is quite strange

0 Kudos