Select to view content in your preferred language

What is the suggested approach to edit branch versioned data in ArcGIS Pro SDK in C#

2 weeks ago
Sai_PhaneendraPoludasu2
New Contributor III

So far I have been working with Traditional versioned database and I am connecting to the geodatabase directly and use EditOperation to complete the edits.

Now I have to get it to work with a Utility network database which is branch versioned. What is the suggested approach to make the edits.

Would the EditOperation work or do I need to complete the edits through a REST API. If so, any references or snippets would be helpful.

Also, if there are some tables in the database that are not versioned, could they still be edited with EditOperation or would that cause any kind of issue with locks on the database ?

Thanks to the community!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

EditOperation works with branch versioning.

If you work with default version then set EditOperationType to SHORT, for named set to LONG. Avoid mixing short and long edit operation types.

More info here

Sai_PhaneendraPoludasu2
New Contributor III

Thanks for your response @GKmieliauskas.

Thanks for confirming that the EditOperation works.

Would it be any different if the EditOperation is performed on a featureclass with a direct connection to Geodatabase compared to whether the Edit operation is performed on a map member added as a web service ?

0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

There is no difference from coding side except cases I mentioned earlier.

0 Kudos