Unit testing add-ins targeting multiple versions of ArcGIS Pro, on a single machine?

Jump to solution
08-23-2022 11:39 AM
greg_eam
New Contributor III

Since ArcGIS Pro 3.0 was released, I am now maintaining two versions of the same add-in: one that supports 2.8-2.9, and one that supports 3.0+. Currently, I am able to build both of these on the same server machine using Azure pipelines. I would like to also do this for my unit tests, but I realize that a physical ArcGIS Pro install is required on the machine running the tests.

So, here's my question: is there a way to configure an environment so that multiple versions of the ArcGIS Pro workstation dependencies can exist on the same machine?

As far as I can tell it isn't possible to have two different versions of ArcGIS Pro installed at once, but I am curious if I could just copy the necessary files from each ArcGIS Pro version into separate sub-folders on the server machine and then point each of the test pipelines to the corresponding sub-folder.

Is this sort of setup possible? Or would it be simpler to just try and run these tests on two separate server machines?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
greg_eam
New Contributor III

I ended up using separate machines to build and test my 2.8-2.9 and 3.0 add-ins. This turned out to be the easiest solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
greg_eam
New Contributor III

I ended up using separate machines to build and test my 2.8-2.9 and 3.0 add-ins. This turned out to be the easiest solution.

0 Kudos