Select to view content in your preferred language

Typo in LicensingBackstageViewModel? WAS: Typo hide and seek. Where to go when Visual Studio fails you?

02-14-2023 05:00 PM
RogerAsbury
Frequent Contributor

Edited the title as this appears to be a typo in the SDK LicensingBackstageViewModel class.

I was handed a stub of a project from a third party. Basically, the start of a project with little functionality. One of the first things I noticed is that when run in Debug mode from VS2022, it pops up a little licensing checkbox on the Licensing settings page of ArcGIS Pro, as seen below:

licaddin.png

Clicking the box under Enable does the obvious, allow the addin to be used. However, it wasn't saving that setting between session, so I started looking in error messages to see what I could find and came across this:

System.Windows.Data Error: 40 : BindingExpression path error: 'ShowWorkstatoin' property not found on 'object' ''LicensingBackstageViewModel' (HashCode=28807604)'. BindingExpression:Path=ShowWorkstatoin; DataItem='LicensingBackstageViewModel' (HashCode=28807604); target element is 'Grid' (Name=''); target property is 'Visibility' (type 'Visibility')

There's a typo in there: "ShowWorkstatoin". I've searched the project multiple times with VS's search feature. I've used Windows search to search within the content of items in the folder of the project to no avail. I even set it upon my entire C:\ drive searching for the typo and everything comes up empty. I even did the search for LicensingBackstageViewModel and come up empty.

Is there a better way to be searching for this? Am I missing a handy VS feature to find text in a project that the search on the Solution Explorer is missing?

--
Roger Asbury
Analyst/Programmer - Fairbanks North Star Borough
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

That looks like a bug in Pro. It seems the checkbox on the licensing tab cannot find the property it is bound too - presumably because of a typo. I will check with the development team. Is this 3.0?

0 Kudos
RogerAsbury
Frequent Contributor

Yes, this is 3.0. Thanks much!

--
Roger Asbury
Analyst/Programmer - Fairbanks North Star Borough
0 Kudos
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

this will be fixed in 3.2. we will get the fix into next available patch for 3.0