Show a Subset of Attributes of a Feature in Pro

07-08-2021 02:01 PM
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I understand how to display a features attributes using the inspector class. However, I dont know how to display only a few attributes fields instead of ALL of them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hide columns in a table—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation ?

is this what you are referring to?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

It does look like the Inspector class honors the 'Visible' setting (see Dan's reference above) and hides the attribute column if the 'Visible' checkbox is unchecked.  I implemented an attribute control in my 'Show Attributes' dockpane and changed the 'Visible' checkbox state.  Below the 'Visible' is off and you can see that the 'Description' column is not displayed:

Wolf_0-1625780794465.png

Next i checked the 'visible' checkbox and the attribute column appeared:

Wolf_1-1625780904034.png

0 Kudos
FridjofSchmidt
Occasional Contributor

Hi Wolf,

just found this thread because I'm having the same issue. I want to create a custom Inspector in an AddIn where the user can edit only a subset of visible attributes from a feature layer. How can this be achieved without modifying the actual layer definition? Is there a way to modify a copy of the schema and pass it to the Inspector?

0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

You can find  how to show/hide attribute fields using code here:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-sdk-questions/how-to-change-field-visibility-and-alias/td-p... 

KierenTinning2
New Contributor III

Did you ever figure this out?  I know one can change the visibility at the layer level which changes the table as well.  Did you determine if it's possible to only alter the feature inspector itself?

0 Kudos
FridjofSchmidt
Occasional Contributor

@KierenTinning2, I added an ArcGIS Idea for this issue. Please vote for it, anybody who would like this feature to be added.

0 Kudos