Select to view content in your preferred language

RowChangedEvent and RowCreatedEvent do not fire on Annotation or Utility Network on Enterprise GeoDatabase

10-09-2023 08:19 AM
samlhwonguk
New Contributor

I am developing an Editing Add-in on ArcGIS Pro SDK for ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2. The add-in involves manipulation of Utility Network and Annotation.

The problem facing is that Editing Events like RowChangedEvent and RowCreatedEvent have different behaviours on File Geodatabase and Enterprise Geodatabase. Enterprise Geodatabase does not trigger these events when editing Utility Network or Annotation.

It is normal on File Geodatabase that the events are fired.

Does anyone have experience on that?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

We are looking at this issue.

0 Kudos
Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

So far i was not able to duplicate your observation for Annotation Features, but i did notice some different oddities:
For RowCreatedEvent:
For each row created (via inspector) there is ONE RowChangedEvent that fires.
For RowChangedEvent:
For each row modified (via inspector) there are TWO RowChangedEvents that fire.

i think that the two RowChangedEvents firing for each row update might be an issue, we are still looking at this issue.

I tested this for File GDB, Enterprise Direct Connect (not versioned) and Enterprise Direct Connect (traditional versioned). I didn't test Branched version yet.

If i ran the same test on a point feature class each modification of a row would only yield a single RowChanged event.

I will test utility network and branched version next.

0 Kudos
samlhwonguk
New Contributor

Thanks so much, Wolf.

The case I tested is on Branch Version with Annotation and Utility Network.

Another odd thing I spotted is that response time of the Branch version heavily affects the stability of the program.

I have put a simple test program in the attachment.

0 Kudos
Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry i got a bit derailed with 3.2 release issues (upcoming in the next couple of weeks).  Anyways, i am back on it now.   I will take a look at your test as well.  Thanks much.

0 Kudos