Register Table as versioned in CoreHost application

07-25-2023 06:12 AM
alehmann
New Contributor III

We are developing a standalone application using CoreHost and want to create new tables (and featureclasses), some of which need to be registered as versioned. For now we only found the possibility to use geoprocessing from the Desktop namespace which is unavailable in a CoreHost application.

The same goes for granting rights to a user in an enterprise database, which we were unable to find the option to do within a CoreHost application.

Are we just missing the right way to do it or is there currently no way to do this in a standalone application?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Aashis
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

The CoreHost application only supports ArcGIS.CoreHost.dll and ArcGIS.Core.dll.

Attempting to access any of the ArcGIS Pro UI elements or types in other assemblies in an ArcEngine-like fashion will crash your program. See the conceptual doc for details. 

0 Kudos
alehmann
New Contributor III

I'm fully aware of the restrictions of a CoreHost application which is why I'm asking this question. We understand how to use e. g. geoprocessing functionality using namespaces outside of what CoreHost allows. What I'm asking is whether this functionality does exist in some way only using CoreHost.

If the answer is no then the next question would be why and whether that's a "never" or "not yet".

0 Kudos
alehmann
New Contributor III

Is there any further information available as to whether this is all there will ever will be in a CoreHost application? This is important to us to decide whether we can proceed with our plans.

0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

You can use python.exe to call GP tools like Register as versioned from CoreHost application

alehmann
New Contributor III

Yeah, we thought of that as well but that seems a bit ugly to be honest...

Looking at what's available to a CoreHost application we're just wondering why these functions are not available (or maybe they are and we just haven't found them yet 😉 ).

0 Kudos