Proper parameter value for Geoprocessing Tool managment.Delete

10-04-2017 04:24 PM
ThomasCox
Occasional Contributor

I am looking for a code example for executing the Geoprocessing tool "management.Delete".  I need to delete esri GRIDs that are created during processing in Pro.  I am not clear as to what parameter to pass.  I have looked the tool help that references input data elements.

I have tried raster datasets, raster layers.  When I pass a raster layer, the tool appears to work in that the GPResults.IsFailed property comes back false.  However, the GRID still resides on disk as a folder name and has its component files still present.

I have run the tool interactively in Pro.  It allows me to browse to the GRID, select it, and then run the command successfully.

I need to know what value to add to the parameters of the MakeValueArray as well as any syntax requirements.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

Thomas, can I ask that you try your post in the Imagery forum? I realize that you are executing a tool with the API but the Esri staff experts in those tools will probably be more readily accessible on that forum than this one. That said, I will alert the raster team staff that you have questions pertaining to their GP tools in the SDK forum.

0 Kudos
ThomasCox
Occasional Contributor

Charles, thanks for the suggestion.  I have posted this question to the imagery forum you suggested.  The imagery forum posting resides at:

https://community.esri.com/message/722377-proper-parameter-value-of-managementdelete-tool

I appreciate your time.

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Please excuse the meta below. Charles Macleod  "@"-mentioning the Imagery forum places links to this thread over there -- there is no need to create a new thread, and in fact this is frowned upon as now we have two threads instead of one to navigate.

Thomas Cox, thanks for adding the link between the threads though. But - note the "@" form of a link (instead of a URL) to another geonet thread gives a better chance of the link still working through any future community platform migrations: https://community.esri.com/message/722377-proper-parameter-value-of-managementdelete-tool?sr=search&...

End meta. My apologies, but this is good to know...

0 Kudos