Programmatically Rubbersheet Individual Features Instead of Entire Layer

12-15-2020 03:50 PM
KarenMeinstein
Occasional Contributor

When using the Transform editing tool in the Modify Features dockpane, the Rubbersheet transformation method allows you to run the transformation on either selected features or an entire layer.  However, with the SDK it seems like you're only given the option to rubbersheet an entire layer, which is a problem for me because I need to work with individual features.  Am I missing something?  Does anyone know how to progammatically rubbersheet selected features?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

The 2.7 help says:

Performs a rubbersheet using selected features, selected links, selected anchorpoints and selected adjustmentareas from each of the respective layers.

If it's working on more than just selected features, it seems like this'd be a bug.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karen,

The rubbersheet method isnt working as intended, the entire layer is used and the extent is incorrect. This will be fixed in a future release (after 2.7).

KarenMeinstein
Occasional Contributor

How far in the future do you think this will be?

0 Kudos
KarenMeinstein
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sean,

Within Pro v2.8.2 the rubbersheet method now seems to be working correctly when I use the Transform tool within the application (I'm comparing the results to ArcGIS Desktop), but programmatically I'm still having problems.  There still doesn't seem to be any way to make it work only on selected features. However, it does seem to use only selected links, which is good.  Also, my programmatic results are different from the results I get using the Transform tool with the exact same features, links and anchors. Specifically, it the programmatic version doesn't seem to be using the anchors properly. 

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Karen

0 Kudos