Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue with integrating System.Text.Encoding.CodePages in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 sdk

a week ago
AbdelmounaimNejjari
New Contributor

Dear community members,

During the development of an add-in for ArcGIS Pro SDk .NET 3.0.3, I've encountered an issue with integrating the System.Text.Encoding.CodePages library. Specifically, my add-in requires version 8.0.0.0 of this library to function correctly in conjunction with another library. However, when attempting to integrate this library into my project, I've encountered a roadblock where ArcGIS Pro seems to refuse to load this specific version of System.Text.Encoding.CodePages.

I've tried various approaches to resolve the issue, including manually loading the correct version of the assembly before my add-in loads. Unfortunately, I continue to receive the same error message. It appears that ArcGIS Pro does not support loading version 8.0.0.0 of System.Text.Encoding.CodePages.

I'm reaching out to the community to seek more insights into this problem and to explore possible solutions. Is it possible, for instance, to upgrade versions of System.Text.Encoding.CodePages to 8.0.0.0 in ArcGIS Pro, and if so, how can this be accomplished?

Below is a summary of my project configuration:

• Target Framework: .NET 6.0
  • ArcGIS Pro .NET SDK 3.0

Any assistance, insights, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and support!

Best regards,
Abdel

0 Kudos
1 Reply
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

@AbdelmounaimNejjari 

Can you please share a simple addin that loads this assembly? Just so I can repro and see what is causing this issue.

Thanks!

Uma

0 Kudos