Is there an ArcGIS Pro SDK equivalent to Python's arcpy.da.ListReplicas()?

05-24-2023 02:49 PM
anonymous_geographer
Occasional Contributor

Hello all,

I'm primarily a Python guy, but I've been dabbling more in ArcGIS Pro SDK lately. I'm trying to convert some functionality over from Python into a workflow for a Pro add-in. During this process, I've quickly realized that some pieces are hard to find equivalents for, such as arcpy.da.ListReplicas().

So far in Pro SDK, I've learned how to access .sde database tables, but I was hoping there was an easy tool to allow me to get a list of replicas built from an enterprise database. I thought that await Geoprocessing.ExecuteToolsAsync("da.ListReplicas", parameters, flags, etc...) might work, but it did not. That may not be a compatible tool for that geoprocessing scenario though, so I'm not sure.

Anyway, thanks for any enlightenment.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, there's not yet Pro SDK access to replica information (it's on the roadmap).  @gpnobbir do you know if this can be done with geoprocessing/Python?

--Rich

0 Kudos
anonymous_geographer
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Rich. That's too bad, but I'm glad it's on the roadmap. Is there a link for Pro SDK specific roadmap items that the public can track? I looked on the github site, but wasn't able to track it down if it's on there. 

In this case, I was able to band-aid things by iterating the .sde tables to extract the information I was looking for. If I take the distinct ReplicaID values from the REPLICALOG table and match those to their matching ObjectID values in the GDB_ITEMS table, I can then use that table's Name field value to return each replica name. There is hope yet!

anonymous_geographer_1-1684984612515.png

0 Kudos
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

I can't speak for the rest of the Pro SDK, but on the geodatabase side, we have the following "big-ticket" issues that we're looking at:

• New field data types
  • Core linear referencing
  • Versioning conflicts
  • Geodatabase sync
  • Edit changes 
anonymous_geographer
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Rich. Good to know! We have numerous Python tools in-house that deal with conflicts and sync, so it'll be nice to have that accessible across Pro SDK as well.  For now, I was able to create a work-around for the desired output for the replica lists. If I can build this in 2 weeks, I'm sure Esri could do it in 2 days with some focus. 😉
anonymous_geographer_1-1686598747392.png

0 Kudos