How to uninstall a Managed Configuration?

Jump to solution
02-28-2020 01:54 AM
BarbaraSchneider2
Occasional Contributor II

I haven't found out how to correctly uninstall an ArcGIS Pro Managed Configuration.

When ArcGIS Pro is open, and I go to Project - Add-In Manager, no Add-In is detected.

So I deleted the configuration file on C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\ArcGIS\AddIns\ArcGISPro\Configurations. But I guess this is not the correct way.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Barbara,

You need to delete ConfigurationFolders registry key. If you do not delete registry key, ArcGIS Pro could search in your documents Add-ins folder, where config installation is located as all ArcGIS Pro add-ins installations.

I have not tried to do it manually or by code. I use VS Installer project. It makes all steps automatically. You just need to set up all actions in the project.

You need to download it separately from Visual Studio

View solution in original post

6 Replies
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Barbara,

There is a record in registry about configuration file: More info here:

ArcGIS Pro Registry Keys · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki · GitHub Note: from 3.0 Esri decided to change that setting.

We use registry editor settings in the install project.

0 Kudos
BarbaraSchneider2

Hi Gintautas,

I'm not sure whether I understand your answer right. What I do now:

- To install my managed configuration, I add an installation folder path in the registry in ConfigurationFolders. I then copy the file <MyConfig>.proConfigX to this installation folder.

- To uninstall my managed configuration, I just manually delete the file <MyConfig>.proConfigX in this installation folder.

0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Barbara,

You need to delete ConfigurationFolders registry key. If you do not delete registry key, ArcGIS Pro could search in your documents Add-ins folder, where config installation is located as all ArcGIS Pro add-ins installations.

I have not tried to do it manually or by code. I use VS Installer project. It makes all steps automatically. You just need to set up all actions in the project.

You need to download it separately from Visual Studio

BarbaraSchneider2

Hi Gintautas,

thank you. Now I understand, I have to create an installer. I already have InstallShield Express installed.

0 Kudos
BarbaraSchneider2

Hi Gintautas,

do you use InstallShield to create an installer for the managed configuration? If yes, I would like to ask you a question concerning InstallShield.

0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Barbara,

Sorry. We use Visual Studio Installer which by default was in previous versions of Visual Studio. It goes by separate install now.

Our installation project was started with first ArcMap version and VS6. It contains many different code and data files so we still using modified copy of setup project for ArcGIS Pro too.

0 Kudos