How do I get rid of the Add-In tab in my ArcGIS Pro add-in?

Jump to solution
04-26-2019 09:55 AM
BenRufenacht
New Contributor III

I have created an add-in using the template in Visual Studio and I added my own custom tab in the ArcGIS Pro ribbon to hold my buttons. The Add-In tab that is included in the base template still shows up in my ribbon, and hold identical buttons to my custom tab. How do I remove the add-in tab so I do not have two identical tabs? This does not change the functionality of my add-in, but it is a bit annoying.

Here is the tab section of my daml:

</AddInInfo>
  <modules>
    <insertModule id="Floodplain_Plotting_Module" className="Module1" autoLoad="false" caption="Floodplain Plotting">
      <tabs>
        <tab id="Floodplain_Plotting_Tab1" caption="Plotting" keytip="p">
          <group refID="Floodplain_Plotting_Group1" />
        </tab>
      </tabs>
      <groups>
        <group id="Floodplain_Plotting_Group1" caption="Plot" appearsOnAddInTab="true" keytip="P">
          <button refID="Floodplain_Plotting_ShoreliningTool" size="middle" />
          <button refID="Floodplain_Plotting_ExpanderWindow" size="middle" />
          <button refID="Floodplain_Plotting_ExpandToBoundaryWindow" size="middle" />
        </group>
      </groups>

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

In your config.daml, modify the appearsOnAddInTab on the group element to be set to false.

<group id="Floodplain_Plotting_Group1" caption="Plot" appearsOnAddInTab="true" keytip="P">

Thanks

Uma

View solution in original post

2 Replies
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

In your config.daml, modify the appearsOnAddInTab on the group element to be set to false.

Thanks

Uma

BenRufenacht
New Contributor III

Well, that was easy. Thank you.

0 Kudos