How can I filter through the ESRI Community Samples on Github to find a specific example I need?

03-17-2023 12:30 PM
tzz_12
by
New Contributor III

I found the community samples on Github to be relatively useful to figure out how the ArcGIS Pro SDK works. How can I filter through the community samples to find the specific samples that relates to the topic I have questions on? 

Thanks for your help!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, we are limted to the search functions in GitHub or Visual Studio.  

I mostly use the GitHub search function.   Like google searches you can't really specify a term that's too common.  Here for example i am looking for 'Edit Operation' and get this:

Wolf_0-1679089246454.png

If you are looking for UI features you can look at the images in Screenshots folders (either locally after downloading the sources, or on github scrolling down on the Readme.md).  Needless to say, you can also open the community sample's base folder in Visual Studio and search for a term using Visual Studio's File search for the 'entire workspace'.  

Wolf_1-1679090162816.png

0 Kudos
tzz_12
by
New Contributor III

I saw a post a while ago that shows how to search on the ESRI community samples for specific terms within the samples to see how it should be used. Can you show me how I would do that?  Thanks Wolf!

0 Kudos