Getting the Selected Feature

Jump to solution
06-25-2020 11:09 AM
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

I have no idea what why i can't figure this out, but after hours of trying i am finally having to get some help.  All I want to do is get the selected line feature from a FeatureLayer object so I can get the starting point (fromPoint).  Here is my current version of code:

QueuedTask.Run(() =>
                    {
                        var gsSelection = gsFLayer.GetSelection();                        
                        using (ArcGIS.Core.Data.RowCursor rCursor = gsSelection.Search())
                        {
                            while (rCursor.MoveNext())
                            {
                                Feature gsFeature = rCursor.Current as Feature;
                                IPolyline6 gsPolyline = gsFeature as IPolyline6;
                                IPoint fromPoint = gsPolyline.FromPoint;
                            }
                        }

});

Earlier in my code I use this to get the layer, which appears to be working.  I can get to the attributes of the selected feature without any issues.

gsFLayer = map.GetLayersAsFlattenedList().OfType<ArcGIS.Desktop.Mapping.FeatureLayer>().Where(l => l.Name.IndexOf("GISWRKS1.WORKS.GravitySewer", StringComparison.CurrentCultureIgnoreCase) >= 0).FirstOrDefault();

I get a NullReference exception at IPoint fromPoint = gsPolyline.FromPoint;

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Brian,

The only IPolyline6 that I am aware of comes from the ArcObjects SDK.  This is a Pro SDK program, right?  If so, you should access the `Feature.GetShape()` method and then try casting that to an ArcGIS.Core.Geometry.Polyline feature.

--Rich

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Brian,

The only IPolyline6 that I am aware of comes from the ArcObjects SDK.  This is a Pro SDK program, right?  If so, you should access the `Feature.GetShape()` method and then try casting that to an ArcGIS.Core.Geometry.Polyline feature.

--Rich

BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Ah, thanks Rich for giving my brain a kick and knocking some sense into me!  Turns out i was looking at a block of code from an ArcObjects project I worked on where I knew I was doing a similar thing.  I had converted that project to ArcGIS Pro, but was just looking at the wrong project.

I am good now!!  This seems to work for anyone interested.

QueuedTask.Run(() =>
                    {
                        var gsSelection = gsFLayer.GetSelection();
                        IReadOnlyList<long> selectedOIDs = gsSelection.GetObjectIDs();

foreach (var oid in selectedOIDs)
                        {
                            var insp = new ArcGIS.Desktop.Editing.Attributes.Inspector();
                            insp.Load(gsFLayer, oid);

//Get the To and From point of the currently selected feature
                            var pointCollection = ((ArcGIS.Core.Geometry.Multipart)insp.Shape).Points;
                            ArcGIS.Core.Geometry.MapPoint fromPoint = pointCollection[0];
                            ArcGIS.Core.Geometry.MapPoint toPoint = pointCollection[pointCollection.Count - 1];

MessageBox.Show(insp["FACILITYID"].ToString());
                        }
                    });‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
0 Kudos
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

That's a relief to hear!  You had me questioning my sanity for a few minutes. 🙂 

--Rich

0 Kudos