Geoprocessing.ExecuteToolAsync and ProgressDialog

Jump to solution
04-29-2020 07:49 PM
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi, looking at the samples I have the following code which works great. However the moment I run

gpResult = await Geoprocessing.ExecuteToolAsync("ChangeVersion_management", parameters) before or after the initialization of ProgressDialog, the message doesn't get updated.

//Run the line below and ProgressDialog no longer works.
gpResult = await Geoprocessing.ExecuteToolAsync("ChangeVersion_management", parameters);

uint maxSteps = 10;
var pd = new ArcGIS.Desktop.Framework.Threading.Tasks.ProgressDialog("Running SPU", maxSteps, false);
ProgressorSource cps = new ProgressorSource(pd);
cps.Progressor.Max = (uint)maxSteps;

await QueuedTask.Run(() => {

//check every second
	for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
	{
		cps.Progressor.Value += 1;
		cps.Progressor.Status = (cps.Progressor.Value * 100 / cps.Progressor.Max) + @" % Completed";
		cps.Progressor.Message = "Message " + cps.Progressor.Value;

if (System.Diagnostics.Debugger.IsAttached)
		{
			System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(string.Format("RunCancelableProgress Loop{0}", cps.Progressor.Value));
		}
		//block the CIM for a second
		Task.Delay(1000).Wait();
		//are we done?
		if (cps.Progressor.Value == cps.Progressor.Max) break;
	}

}, cps.Progressor);‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Note, i am NOT after having the dialog or cancellation progress dialog running with the GP.  I just need to run the GP and then after the GP have completed, show the progress dialog for some other tasks.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Victor,

I used Pro 2.5 and I attached my zip'ed sample project.  If you change the desktop version attribute in config.daml you should be able to build the add-in for 2.4, 2.3 as well.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

I replaced your "Geoprocessing.ExecuteToolAsync" line with the following code snippet and had no problems with the progress dialog.  It showed and progressed as expected. 

I would recommend to run the sample without starting Pro from the debugger - the progress dialog is not guarantied to display properly on the UI when in debug mode.

List<object> arguments = new List<object>
        {
          // store the results in the default geodatabase
          CoreModule.CurrentProject.DefaultGeodatabasePath,
          // name of the feature class
          "TestPnt",
          // type of geometry
          "POINT",
          // no template
          "",
          // no z values
          "DISABLED",
          // no m values
          "DISABLED"
        };
await QueuedTask.Run(() =>
        {
          // spatial reference
          arguments.Add(SpatialReferenceBuilder.CreateSpatialReference(3857));
        });
IGPResult result = await Geoprocessing.ExecuteToolAsync("CreateFeatureclass_management", Geoprocessing.MakeValueArray(arguments.ToArray()));
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi Wolfgang Kaiser, I tested your code and I ran into the same issue.

Can I check what version of Pro and SDK are you using?

0 Kudos
Wolf
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Victor,

I used Pro 2.5 and I attached my zip'ed sample project.  If you change the desktop version attribute in config.daml you should be able to build the add-in for 2.4, 2.3 as well.  

RobertZagidullin
New Contributor

Hello!

Can you tell me if it is possible to run QUICK IMPORT (Data Interoperability) in the same way?

I took this solution as a basis, I could not find information on how to register the parameters for the launch.

0 Kudos
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your help Wolfgang Kaiser   i will try upgrading my pro to see if that fixes it.

0 Kudos