Select to view content in your preferred language

ExportFeatureclass equivalent

08-15-2024 12:11 PM
Pukawai
Emerging Contributor

I have a situation where most of my organization's data is stored in a proprietary third-party (Milsoft) datastore, and they have an ArcMap extension which creates an intermediate file geodatabase locally and then has some toolbars with editing tools and then push those edits back to the proprietary datastore. Since that local gdb is somehow tied to the extension it has some funky behavior, it is recommended to copy all the featureclasses to a new geodatabase - manually. I've written python code to automate this process using geoprocessing, but this fails - the Copy tool says it can't copy from one workspace to another, CopyFeatures successfully completes but the new featureclass has no features. 

I gave up on geoprocessing and wrote an ArcObjects tool that utilizes iExportOperation.ExportFeatureClass and it works. But, since I'm trying to migrate all my workflows except for editing to Pro, I would like to write an equivalent tool for Pro using .net so the big question is: Is there an equivalent class in the Pro .net SDK to iExportOperation.ExportFeatureClass???

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you looking for a Pro API\SDK method to create feature classes in a file geodatabase?  If so, please check out the ProConcepts: DLL

Our Pro SDK Documentation landing page has plenty of help to get started with the API.

0 Kudos
Pukawai
Emerging Contributor

Thank you for the reply, Uma.  I've see the "new" DDL functions, but those will only create empty FeatureClasses. What I was looking for was an equivalent class to "ExportOperation" that ArcObjects had which essentially did the "Export Data" command. 

It might work to use the DDL functions to create a new feature classes and then iterate through each feature in each of 28 feature classes to copy them, but "PRO is SLOW" so that method would take a looong time.

0 Kudos