Explore Button Drop-Down Menu Name

10-23-2020 12:36 PM
KrisCulin
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I would like to add some custom commands to the explore context menu.  This is the drop-down menu for the Explore split button.

Does anyone know what the name of this menu is?  I can't seem to find it in the list of constants.

Thanks,

Kris Culin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

As a last resort you can look at the mapping extension's daml definitions here (assuming you did a default install):

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Extensions\Mapping\ADMapping.daml

But before that you can try to use this option in ArcGIS Pro: under ‘Customize the Ribbon’ check the "Show command IDs" option.  Now when you hover with your mouse over a button you should see the ID displayed:

0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kris,

I looked up the split button for the Explore control. Here is the id: 

esri_mapping_exploreSplitButton
This is how I found it:
* I hovered over one of the menu items in this control to find the id.  Screenshot below.
* It is in the "Mapping" DAML since the id says "esri_mapping..". In the ADMapping.daml, search for esri_mapping_infoNone button. You will find the parent splitbutton it belongs in.
<splitButton id="esri_mapping_exploreSplitButton" keytip="E" extendedCaption="Open current explore tool">
          <tool refID="esri_mapping_exploreTool" />
          <button refID="esri_mapping_infoTopmostLayerButton" />
          <button refID="esri_mapping_infoAllLayersButton" />
          <button refID="esri_mapping_infoSelectableLayersButton" />
          <button refID="esri_mapping_infoSelectedTOCButton" />
          <button refID="esri_mapping_infoNoneButton" />
          <button refID="esri_mapping_screenPlanePanButton" separator="true" />
          <button refID="esri_mapping_firstPersonModeButton" />
</splitButton>

Thanks

Uma

0 Kudos
KrisCulin
Occasional Contributor

Thank you both for your responses.  This is very helpful.

In addition, i am trying to figure out the id of the context menu that is opened with you right-click when you have the explore tool active.  We would like to add a tool to that list.  I've tried several of the context menu ids that I found in the Daml constants but they didn't seem to work

I looked in the customize ribbon dialog and couldn't find a way to find the id of the context menu that way.

Thanks again.

Kris

0 Kudos