Select to view content in your preferred language

Error: Trace does not support connectivity or containment and attachment result types

Jump to solution
a week ago
jefferson_bzp
New Contributor III

I'm running a trace via SDK using as ResultTypes: AggregatedGeometry, Feature and Element

var resultTypes = new List<ResultType>();
resultTypes.Add(ResultType.AggregatedGeometry);
resultTypes.Add(ResultType.Feature);
resultTypes.Add(ResultType.Element);
//resultTypes.Add(ResultType.Connectivity);
traceArg.ResultTypes = resultTypes;

I can get the results successfully when executing the trace, however, if I add the ResultType.Connectivity from line 5 as one of the parameters of traceArg.ResultTypes the exception is thrown:
“Trace does not support connectivity or containment and attachment result types”

If I run the same trace using ArcGIS Pro's native trace tool and set Connectivity as one of the ResultType, I get the results without any errors.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aashis
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Currently, the Pro SDK only supports four trace result types: Element, FeatureElement, Aggregated Geom, and Function Output. Future versions may implement additional types, such as connectivity, geometry, NW diagram, etc. So, what you experienced is expected SDK behavior; if you need other functionalities, unfortunately, you need to use the GP Tool.

https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/ProConcepts-Utility-Network#architecture-of-a-trace

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Aashis
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Currently, the Pro SDK only supports four trace result types: Element, FeatureElement, Aggregated Geom, and Function Output. Future versions may implement additional types, such as connectivity, geometry, NW diagram, etc. So, what you experienced is expected SDK behavior; if you need other functionalities, unfortunately, you need to use the GP Tool.

https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/ProConcepts-Utility-Network#architecture-of-a-trace